Several police stations in Seoul are providing free driver’s license classes for foreigners in South Korea. One of my classmates in Yeoksam is taking up the course and he shared the information with me.
Here is a list of police stations that offer the program:
For inquiries or registration, you may contact any of the police stations listed above. You will need a valid visa for the entire course. The classes are designed to prepare you with the theoretical knowledge that will help you pass the written examination for obtaining a driver’s license in South Korea. The textbook and the classes are all free of charge! Driving schools usually charge 800,000 KRW (almost 719 USD) (almost 30,000 PHP). Classes will be in Korean.
The written examination for getting a driver’s license is not included in the program. To take the written exam, you will have to pay 11,000 KRW (around 10 USD/410 PHP) and present your ALIEN REGISTRATION CARD (ARC) or passport. The written exam is translated in 10 languages: English, Japanese, Filipino, Chinese, Vietnamese, Cambodian, Indonesian, Thai, Mongol and Russian.
- Just How Important Is Your Alien Registration Card? (chrissantosra.wordpress.com)
- Why I’m Learning Korean Again (chrissantosra.wordpress.com)
- Exchange of Foreign Driver’s License (samsungauto.wordpress.com)
- THE KOREA KRONICLES: Why Han’guk Is Better Than Mi’guk (roygeneable.com)
- License to Drive (usembassyseoulconsular.wordpress.com)
- Rules of the Road… “Must-Knows” for Driving in Korea (twoseoulmates.com)
- How to get a Drivers License in Korea (twoseoulmates.com)
- Culture shock… (sneakerssocksandsoju.wordpress.com)
- Police Officers Stop Car Rolling Backwards with Their Bodies, Netizens Reacts(tjdotcom.wordpress.com)