Fukuoka is a beautiful city. My boyfriend and I went in February, so we had to complete ignore the shore because of the cold, but the parks were still very lovely. You should make an effort to go to:
- 天神中央公園 [中央区天神1-1, Fukuoka, Fukuoka, 810-0001, Japan] The Step Garden at ACROS is so cool! The atrium is at the top with a waterfall placed in the center. Fun to view from any angle.
- 博多 清流公園 Seiryu Park [博多区中洲1-8, Fukuoka, Fukuoka, 810-0801, Japan] Downtown with lots of good restaurants in walking distance.
- 東長寺 [博多区御供所町2-4, Fukuoka, Fukuoka, 812-0037, Japan] Check out the big Buddha inside the temple. Very impressive.
- 福岡城跡 Fukuoka Castle [中央区城内1, Fukuoka, Fukuoka, 810-0043, Japan] Not much of a castle to view, but a lovely park to walk through.
- 大濠公園 Ōhori Park [中央区大濠公園1-2, Fukuoka, Fukuoka, 810-0051, Japan] Probably the most beautiful park in the city.